Why Video Dominates in Digital Marketing
Written by Andy Teipen
Digital marketing trends tend to come and go, but video is clearly the gift that keeps on giving for marketers. Consumers have shown that watching videos online is one of their favorite ways to learn, grow and be entertained in the modern era. In fact, According to Cisco, Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic by 2017!
So, I suppose it shouldn’t be a surprise that when eMarketer surveyed marketing professionals last year, 51.9% of them said video was the type of content that gave them the best ROI. Some of the reasons why:
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average (Comscore)
- 73% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching a video (ReelSEO)
- 96% of consumers find videos helpful for making online purchase decisions (ReelSEO)
- The chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53 times with video (Forrester Research)
- Posts with videos included will attract 3 times more in-linking domains than a plain text post (Moz)
- Videos in universal search results have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain-text results (Econsultancy)
- Using video on landing pages increases conversion rates by 80% (EyeView Digital)
What is important to remember is that many top-performing videos are not advertising in the traditional sense. While Internet users watch a lot of videos, they are turned off by a strong sales pitch. People know when they’re being marketed to, and they’ll tune out if your video doesn’t offer value to them. How do you offer value? Make sure your videos are informative, entertaining, well-produced, exciting … or all of the above!
So, don’t just promote yourself in your online videos. Build your brand through informative, entertaining video content.