Interested in Tech? Check out these Resources!
Written by Rachel Saltsgaver
Indy’s tech scene is booming and our recent panel discussion with industry leaders reinforced this statement. So what should marketers who are interested in making the move to tech do? Where should go to keep up-to-date on trends? From tips on skills and knowledge to helpful resources, our panelists did not leave attendees without a few great ideas! Check them out below:
TechPoint: From a jobs newsletter, a talent network (for that extra boost in job hunting) and a regularly updated blog that covers all aspects of Indy tech, TechPoint has something for everyone. Keep yourself up-to-date on the tech scene and get know people like our other panelist, Sarah, whose job it is to connect people!
Meetup.com: Indy has a ton of meetups covering all aspects of tech. These events are open to all and are the perfect way to meet people in companies, positions, or careers that you may want to be in. Networking and connecting are the absolute best ways to find your next job. A few meetups to start with may be The Open Indy Brigade and Girl Develop It.
TechCrunch: Breaking technology news, analysis, and opinions with profiles on startup companies, products and websites. (Fellow panelist Sara Croft also shared this go to!)
HubSpot: The latest articles on marketing and sales topics.
Neil Patel’s Blog: Very tactical and intelligent marketing advice.
Sara Croft, Content Strategy and PR Manager at TechPoint:
- Forbes Premise: A podcast for technology buyers and sellers.
- Uncensored: A podcast about entrepreneurs, startups and cool companies.
- A16z: Andreessen Horowitz is a tech firm that invests in software.
- MatterMark Daily and CB Insights: Venture capital and startup news
- NYTimes Bits: Insights and analysis on Silicon Valley and national technology news
- IBJ Tech: Local tech news (#IBJTech)
- Fast Company: The world’s leading progressive business media brand
- Entrepreneur: Small business ideas and resources
- Forbes: Business news with core financial topics that include business and technology
Thanks to our panelists for providing a great list of resources to help marketers learn more about the tech world and what they can do to help them make the move!